amm sent this recipe to me in an email. I will write it out word for word.
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 7:53 PM
To: kirsten at work; kirsten
I forgot to take the recipe to work to fax to you so will just type it out.
Crust – 1/3 cup margarine, 1 cup graham wafer crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa (melt marg, stir in remaining ingredients; I have also used the chocolate wafer crumbs in place of graham wafer crumbs and cocoa). [kk Note – Spread crust into bottom of round 9″ spring-form pan. Grease if the pan is not a non-stick pan.]
Filling – 1 250 g cream cheese, 300 ml sweetened condensed milk, 150 ml chocolate syrup, 15 ml instant coffee granules, 5 ml hot water, and 1 cup of whipping cream or 1 envelope of Dream Whip or about 500 ml/2 cups Cool Whip.
- let cheese soften and beat till smooth
- beat in milk and chocolate syrup
- dissolve coffee in hot water and add to cheese mixture
- beat cream till stiff or make up Dream Whip if using that, or allow Cool Whip to soften some; fold or stir this cream into cheese mixture
- pour over crust; recipe says to scatter some crumbs over top but I have usually made chocolate curls to sprinkle on top
-what kind of pan will you use if you don’t have a spring form pan – maybe a square cake pan?
(there is cat hair all over my keyboard and desk; I assume Chas was cuddling the cat)
[kk Notes – I always use the chocolate wafer crumbs, I normally used light cream cheese and low-fat sweetened condensed milk (but I can tell the difference compared to the normal recipe), I also usually use Dream Whip, but Cool Whip is less work!, I leave out step #3, I also make the chocolate curls with baking chocolate and a vegetable peeler, and you need the cheesecake to freeze, preferably in a deep freeze, over night.]